Human beings consume natural resources at a pace faster than the Earth’s capacity to renew them, with a deficit of 20%
We will not invoke the environment to remove quality from our product. We only intend to contribute to a generation of responsible consumers, more sensitive and demanding regarding environmental sustainability.
Our customer’s satisfaction is one of our main goals. If we combine this with measures that contribute to a better, more efficient and more sustainable world, we will be making a small contribution to the future of our children and grandchildren. Contributing to the future of the community and its ecosystems.
In order to be more environmentally efficient, we have adopted several measures that, in addition to investments, constitute changes in attitudes by raising the awareness of our team, partners and guests.
What we do:
- All houses in the rooms and public areas are equipped with ecological flushing in the cisterns (AS1829 coming soon)
- The change of towels in the bathrooms of the rooms is done upon request of the clients (if the client hangs the towel it means that it is in conditions for more uses)
- Washing machines and dishwashers have dispensers in order to save water
- We sensitized our employees to only use washing machines with maximum load
- The washbasin faucets have flow reducers
- Water saving shower heads
- We monitor consumption on a daily basis in order to detect any losses as early as possible
- We change towels and sheets according to the minimum legally required, that is, every 3 days or at the request of guests
- We have faucets with timers in public toilets
How can you contribute:
- Whenever you use the bathroom, evaluate the need to completely flush the toilet
- Do not dispose of non-physiological waste in the toilet (minimizes flushing of toilets and reduces the possibility of clogging the sewer system)
- If you consider your towel clean, don’t put it on the floorIf you place it on the ground, it indicates that you want to replace it
- Brush your teeth with the faucet turned off
- Whenever possible, replace the immersion bath with a quick shower, ideally turning off the tap while soaping
- If you find a leak or leaky faucet, please inform the receptionist
Because we only have one life, one community and one planet
Did you know that...
Is it enough to recycle another ton of glass to obtain a ton of glass, saving 400kg of sand and 2% of energy?
Can frying oil be used to make soap or fuel in diesel engines or boilers?
Recycling one ton of recycled paper prevents the felling of 20 trees and 50% less energy when compared to production from raw material, reducing air pollution by 95%
Recycling plastics saves non-renewable raw materials such as oil and prevents these products from going to landfills where they take hundreds of years to degrade.
Metal cans are 100% recyclable. Recycling an aluminum can saves enough energy to run a television for 3 hours
A toilet uses between 10 and 15 liters of water each time it is used. If you do a half flush, you will only use 3 liters.
The recycling of cork stoppers is used for new materials such as flooring, insulation material, decoration, clothing…
A pile left in the soil contaminates it more than 50 years
A poorly sealed faucet can represent a loss of 25 liters per day
Brushing your teeth under running water for 5 minutes uses about 45 liters of water
A 15-minute shower can use around 240 liters of water
The recycling of 1 ton of cardboard packaging for liquid food is equivalent to 3,703 packages and avoids the felling of around 15 adult trees
2 tons of liquid food cartons can be transformed into energy, equivalent to a ton of oil
According to the OECD, on average, a citizen consumes 800kg of food and drink and 120kg of packaging per year. As such, the importance of the packaging production and food and beverage production sectors is undeniable, since with population growth by 2025, an increase of 24% in calorie consumption is expected, 57% in food expenditure, 47% on packaging and 41% on “end-of-life” materials.